Filled with vitamins, chlorophyll, enzymes, and minerals, the wheatgrass juice is filled with a nutritional punch. While eating the wheatgrass is avoided, juicing wheatgrass off delivers a better way to imbibe its nutrients density.
Wheatgrass is not made for commercial vegetable juicers. This is because its fibrous nature of the grass doesn’t align itself to the common way of juicing cucumbers, and fruits. Meanwhile, some juices are specifically designed to work efficiently with the nature of the grass. Such juicers tend to press the wheat grasses and applying centrifugal force.
Preparing The Wheatgrass for Juicing
The wheatgrass juice is beneficial after juicing. Though the juice can be produced in large quantities and frozen, it is optimal to juice in single batches. Before you start juicing wheatgrass with omega juicer, be sure to perform the following.
- Harvest the wheatgrass and wash ¼ of the grass per single shot of the juice.
- Chop the wheatgrass into smaller pieces
- Measure the wheatgrass to make sure ¼ cup of grass per serving.
Juicing Wheatgrass Using Omega Juicer
- Prepare the amount of wheatgrass you want to use. Feed it into your omega juicer.
- Prepare your omega juicer. Be sure to clean it.
- Now you need to feed the wheatgrass to your juicer. It is wise if you fill the juicer a little bit of the grass at a time to make it difficult to juice your wheatgrass.
- Pour the wheatgrass juice into a glass and drink.
- Now you should be all done juicing your wheatgrass. Though omega juicer can be pretty expensive, if you commit yourself regularly to juice this grass, it can make a difference in your life. After pouring the juice into the glass and enjoying this delicious juice, all you need is to clean up your juicer.
Wheatgrass Health Benefits
The wheatgrass is nutrient-dense and packed with the top level of minerals and vitamins, including vitamin A, C, and E. Besides, it contains amino acids.
The wheatgrass is fully equipped with a whole variety of benefits: it is antiseptic, antibacterial, and improves respiration functions. Besides, the juice contains antioxidants that tend to prevent cell damage and fight cancer cells. Similarly, it is a source for chlorophyll which aids in the reduction of detoxes, inflammation and can aid weight loss.
Also Read: Lexen Healthy Juicer Review and Buying Guide
Essential Things to Keep In Mind For Wheatgrass Juicing Newbies
- It can cause some tummy upset or even side effects, including headache, exhaustion, and nausea, when you first start eating wheatgrass juice. If your body isn’t used to it may take some time to become accustomed to it.
- The easiest way to fight this is by starting with 1/2 shot (30ml) when you want to start drinking shots right away – gradually increase this. Besides, you can start by adding the wheatgrass juice to the other recipes to be ‘diluted’ and reduced.
- It is best to have wheatgrass juice in the morning, in a vacuum, and wait for an hour to eat something. This helps to prevent nausea.
- Besides you can use juice for unspoiled means to ease the skin and minimize scars, soothe bites and scratches, and more.